Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Your Rating: 0]You must sign in to vote
Backstage Capital live on Republic
Investment adviser focused on companies led by underestimated founders
To cap off a momentous day for Republic and crowdfunding investments Backstage Capital is announcing their increase in offering size—making more room for new investors!
• Investment adviser focused on people of color, women and LGBTQ+ founders
• Team has invested in 160+ companies led by underrepresented founders
• First 100 companies raised $250M+ and created over 500 jobs
• Estimated 4 trillion dollars unrealized in VC due to the lack of diversity
• Investors include Marc Andreessen, Stewart Butterfield, Ellen Pao + more
• Co-investors Sequoia Capital, Initialized, Y Combinator, Techstars + more
Less than 10% of all venture capital deals go to women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ founders. While many view the lack of investment in underrepresented founders as a social problem, there’s actually much more to it. Data shows that diverse teams perform better, and diverse investors make better investment decisions.
Backstage Capital is a venture capital platform devoted to lifting up under-represented founders. By investing in more than 160 companies since 2015, Backstage has provided founders with necessary funding, opened doors to the venture capital ecosystem, and led the way for a new approach to venture capital investing.
Maxed out in 8 hours
Last time Backstage Capital launched their first tranche on Republic, they maxed out their investment commitments within 8 hours. Now, with updated SEC rules, Backstage is raising more than ever before.