Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Your Rating: 0]You must sign in to vote
Last year, black founders received only 1% of venture capital. On Wefunder, that number was 8%. We need to do better.
We believe in a level playing field for founders, regardless of geography, gender or ethnicity. Follow black founders as they launch on Wefunder here, and check out these 10 that are currently raising:
NovoMoto Affordable solar electricity for the DR Congo.
• First mover in the off-grid solar market in D.R. Congo with the goal of bringing electricity to 1 million families by 2026.
• Completed over 300 solar installations for customers in D.R. Congo up to mid-2019, 13% month-over-month growth since mid-2017.
NYCE Invest in a growing real estate portfolio.
• Grown from $850K in seed capital to $10.2M in assets (through subsidiaries) — all without debt.
• Company subsidiaries have $57M in projects under development, featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, and BiggerPockets.
Kazoo The world’s 1st SOS app to livestream video, alert loved ones, pinpoint your location, call 911 and more — with 1 tap.
• Award-winning UI team has designed apps for Apple, Twitter, Snapchat and Kanye West.
• Management team includes business leaders who have founded, grown, and sold numerous start-ups.
3 Some Chocolates Cuisine It’s not just chocolate — it’s an experience!
• Over 40,000 customers and still growing. Numerous 5-star ratings.
• Featured on Fox 5 News, CBS, Good Morning America, Good Day New York, Newsday & NBC.
Curastory The first platform where NCAA student athletes make money from video content.
• Over 100 sign ups in 5 months from users with the NBA, NFL, Olympics, and many more!
• Growing by 50% month-over-month in site visits and sign-ups.
Anthony’s Cookies 22-year-old gourmet cookie company based in San Francisco.
• 4.5 stars on Yelp, based on 1,679 reviews.
• Strategic partnerships with brands such as Straus Creamery, Four Barrel Coffee, Valrhona Chocolate and Central Milling.
Boyish Records Multimedia art platform with tools and community for artists and patrons.
• Help support emerging artists build sustainable career pathways as part of a part of our vibrant arts scene and community.
• Founded by artists with knowledge in finance, business and tech.
Savannah Sauce When life throws tomatoes at you, make salsa!
• On-boarded signature sauces into 46 Whole Foods in less than 24 months.
• CEO named one of the “2016 Woman Vetrepreneurs We Love” by the National Veteran-Owned Business Association.
Apotheka Making electronic medical records more secure.
• First solution to integrate Telehealth / Telemedicine onto Blockchain to facilitate COVID-19 / Coronavirus patient self assessments.
• Patent (pending) six-way patient validation on the Blockchain utilizing AI-driven smart workflows.
Nedl Have your own live radio show — in seconds!
• Founder created the company that built the original iheartradio app for Clear Channel in 2007.
• Growing market: global live audio streaming market is estimated to nearly triple to $1.2B in the next 7 years.