Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Your Rating: 0]You must sign in to vote
AKUA launches on Republic
Meat-alt company making plant-based foods from regenerative aquaculture
AKUA creates delicious foods that are sustainable, regenerative & healthy
• Mission-driven company using ocean-farmed kelp to make meat-alt foods
• Raising capital to launch The Kelp Burger – a delicious & clean-label meal
• In 2020, e-commerce growth has grown between 20% – 110% MoM
• Kelp Jerky won Time’s Best Invention & Fast Company’s World Changing Idea
• Customers include Sir Richard Branson, Dr. Steven Gundry & more
• In 40+ stores across the U.S.; in conversations with Costco, Kroger & more
• Plant-based meat market expected to hit $27B+ demand by 2025
AKUA makes delicious plant-based meat alternatives from kelp. They use ocean-farmed kelp, which is a sustainable and renewable resource.
Since the company’s launch in April 2019, they have debuted three initial product lines: Kelp Jerky, Kelp Pasta, and now, Kelp Burgers. Their vision is to create a platform of clean-label, meat-alternative products – including Kelp Nuggets, Kelp Sausages, Kelp Crabcakes, Kelp Balls, and more – that are sold online, in retail, and through food service and restaurants around the world.
Since AKUA’s launch of Kelp Jerky on Earth Day 2019, they’ve been listed as one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019, and named one of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas for Food in 2020.
AKUA’s Kelp Jerky is now in 40+ stores nationwide including iconic places such as Erewhon and online retailers like Amazon and Thrive Market. AKUA’s business is currently about 70% D2C, where they’ve grown their sales between 20%–110% MoM since early 2020. AKUA’s return customer rate is currently 32% and AOV is $35.00. Below is a graph that shows their quarterly growth in 2020: