Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Your Rating: 0]You must sign in to vote
Lonesome Soldier is the first in a series of films currently being produced by Military Movies, a studio that aims to become a well-known brand in the military marketing world by working with both active duty and retired military personnel to make character-driven, authentic American motion pictures.
Likened by Hollywood insiders to a “modern day Deer Hunter”, Lonesome Soldier is an incredible true story about a community in Middle America in the 21st century. Featuring an ensemble cast that should include both Oscar winners and nominees, as well as some fresh new faces, this film has a detailed casting strategy crafted to bring to life this story about love, family, pain, war, and community.
The film is scheduled to begin filming in the Fall/Winter of 2020, in both Los Angeles and New Mexico. The goal of this production is to produce an authentic, high production value feature film on a modest budget of under $5MM. The project has already raised $1.38MM in equity and is approved for up to $500K in tax credits for producing the film in New Mexico.
Films receive revenue from theatrical releases, streaming rights, and foreign distribution. Military Movies Productions aims to have a liquidity event by early-to-late 2021, at which point potential dividends will be distributed to equity investors first in a waterfall structure.
“This film is a tribute to the sacrifice of our veterans and a testament to the enduring American spirit.”
– Alexander Randazzo, Screenwriter/Actor
Here are the highlights:
• Lonesome Soldier is the first in a series of genre films for a military audience produced by Military Movies Productions
• Film production studio focused on telling authentic, character-driven stories focused on honoring and entertaining Military families and enthusiasts
• The project has already raised $1.38MM in equity and is approved for up to a $500K tax credit for producing the film in New Mexico
• 3-part distribution strategy includes theatrical distributions, DVD and streaming rights, and foreign sales to military personnel abroad
• Veteran production team with a combined 50+ years in the entertainment industry and strong military ties
• Actors with offers pending (and looking to finalize shortly) include Titus Welliver, Sean Astin, John Ashton and Brandon Quinn
10% of the Producers’ net profits will be donated to veterans associations helping soldiers suffering from post-traumatic stress (PTS).
If you have any questions about this offering, leave a comment on the campaign page & the Lonesome Soldier Team will get right back to you with a response.