NowRx’s Historic Year | 2019 in Review
NowRx is excited to review some growth highlights from 2019, a year of milestones for the company.
- Grew Revenue | NowRx achieved a 30% revenue run rate growth in five months ($9.5mm in December vs $7.2mm in July) (unaudited). In addition, the company achieved the highest monthly revenue since inception, booking $796k in prescription sales in one month (unaudited), translating to an annual run rate of over $9.5mm (a 16% growth from the previous record month of October).
- Grew Physician Network | NowRx increased referring physicians by more than 84% since year end 2018 (today there are over 4.5k physicians in the network)
- Developed New Tech | In April, the company deployed QuickFill, a pharmacy automation technology that allows patients to easily order medication online. The system then will automatically label, fill, cap, and sort prescription vials in under 30 seconds without any human intervention.
- Saved Customers Money | Since deploying the above technology, NowRx has filled more than 15k prescriptions and saved customers over $1mm in total (across 6k prescriptions) from automatically applying coupons.
- Continued to Surpass Prescription Milestones | On December 9th, the company delivered 469 prescriptions, generating over $54k in revenue (unaudited), marking the highest number of deliveries in a single day since inception. This prescription count is 9.5% higher and revenue is 26.4% higher compared to its last record day on September 30th.
- Expanded Locations | In November, NowRx officially opened for business in Orange County, its first location outside of the San Francisco Bay Area.
Since launching in 2016, the company has grown customers 1064%, filled over 150k prescriptions, served more than 22k customers, and launched five micro-fulfillment centers. NowRx has surpassed $5.18mm raised.