Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Your Rating: 0]You must sign in to vote
XX Demo Day:
13 Startups Fighting the Virus
Our “Fight the Virus” program invested in the top 1% of startups who applied. We mentored them for 3 months. Now, you can invest in them.
• We invested in the top 1% who applied. Only 12 of 2,500 applications were selected by experienced angel investors, PhDs, scientists, and Y Combinator (YC) alumni.
• Working to improve and save lives. Vaccines, therapeutics, testing labs, delivery robots, infection prediction, VR remote work, and more.
• Mentored by YC alumni for 12 weeks. Startups met with our mentors weekly. Mentors include founders of startups like Disqus, Lucira Health, Human Interest, Starsky Robotics, and Kabam.
• Prestigious Lead Investors. Invest alongside experienced investors including Joseph Huang (CEO of Stanford’s Start X), Daniel Ha (Founder of Disqus), Luke Iseman (YC’s former Director of Hardware).
View all startups
Kiwibot – Robotic system that helps companies deliver safely and timely to their customers.
• Raised $5M+ previously. Completed 100,000+ deliveries worldwide. $400K in revenue.
• Board includes Joseph Huang (CEO of Stanford’s StartX). Advisors include Andrew Savage, founding team member of Lime (partnered with Uber).
Grapevine – Building the future of giving, with online communities.
• 4,000+ donors. $1M+ given to charity.
• CEO has Harvard MBA. CTO is a serial Founder/CTO with 2 prior acquisitions and raised $20M+ from a16z.
Stark Therapeutics – Changing the way the world treats chronic diseases with gene therapy.
• Working on a COVID-19 vaccine and gene therapy for type II diabetes.
• Produced 1,000 doses during XX program. Can easily scale to 100,000+ doses in a few more weeks.
LiteraSeed – Visual-based communication for doctors to effectively assess patient condition.
• Pilots already running with Valleywise and one of the largest providers in CA serving ~2M patients.
• Saving hospitals ~$5M/year avoiding malpractice and increasing revenue by improving customer satisfaction.
Petri Bio – Next-generation of therapeutics from gut microbes.
• Founded by 2 PhD scientists (3 patents and 14 publications). 2nd-time founder (YC Alum).
• Patent-pending treatment for COVID-19 under evaluation by a pharma company for sponsorship.
AP Racing – Teaching people Machine Learning by having them race autonomous cars online.
• The opportunity to fix an education system overdue for help.
• Founding team with deep experience in Machine Learning and the autonomous vehicle industry.
Inventr – Helping deep tech companies automate the patent process.
• 30+ LOIs from companies funded by YC, DCVC, StartX, Techstars, and more. The United States Patent and Trademark Office uses Inventr.
• Founding team of experts in deep tech, patents, and NLP. Worked in companies such as Google and Amazon.
Wingspan Health – World’s first robo-advisor for your health.
• Integrated with 300+ health systems in less than 6 months with $0 funding. 30% month-over-month organic user growth.
• $50K investment from XX Team, $50K from President of Wealthfront, and $15K grant from YC.
Soraban – Helping CPAs give companies financial reviews 10x faster.
• 50-70% more affordable than competition. Launched a paid pilot with Wefunder.
• $15K grant from YC and $20K investment from XX Team.
MedMe Health – Care platform empowering pharmacies to move beyond just selling drugs.
• Platform live in 143 pharmacies across 6 provinces. Enterprise pilots representing 3500+ pharmacies.
• On-track for $60K MRR by end of 2020.
Immersed – Work with your remote team in a virtual workplace.
• Partnership with Facebook to roll out to millions of Oculus users in the next few weeks.
• Went through Techstars Chicago ’17 and previously raised almost $2M.
Pristēem – Take care of the clothes you love.
• Backed by Alchemist Accelerator (#1 B2B). Cleaned 1,000+ outfits — 200+ users, 70% retention, 4.9/5 customer satisfaction.
• Raised $915K from top angels and a hardware VC in NYC. Founding team has previously worked at Uber, IBM, and Pratt & Whitney.
3C Bio – Mobile COVID-19 diagnostic laboratories – 2,400 rtPCR tests per lab/day.
• Labs will be built in 53′ semi-trailers or 40′ ISO containers. Deployable worldwide. Massive Scalability.
• 2,400 tests per day/per mobile lab. Automated robotic protocol, lower costs, same day results.