1. You have reviewed the process for the offer, purchase and issuance of security through the participating crowdfunding platforms.
2. You are aware of the types of securities offered on the participating crowdfunding platforms and associated security-specific risks:
3. You are aware of the restrictions on the resale of securities offered through the the participating crowdfunding platforms.
4. You have been informed of the type of information which an Issuer must disclose and separately must report on an annual basis and the possibility that the issuer’s obligation to file annual reports may terminate in the future.
5. You are aware of the limits of the investable amount on this and similar registered portals, specifically;
— No investor in a 12-month period may purchase crowdfunded securities that, in aggregate, from all issuers, exceed the greater of $2,000 or 5% of the lesser of Annual Income or Net Worth, as applicable, if either the Annual Income or Net Worth of the investor is less than $100,000.
— If both Annual Income and New Worth exceed $100,000, the limit is 10% of the lesser of Annual Income or Net Worth, as applicable, not to exceed a maximum aggregate amount of $100,000.
6. You are aware of the circumstances where the issuer can cancel an offering and on an investor’s right to cancel an order up to 48 hours prior to a scheduled closing.
7. Following the completion of an offering there may or may not be any ongoing relationship between an issuer and the participating crowdfunding platforms
8. You are able to assume the risks associated with private equity investing, including:
a. an understanding that the loss of entire investment is possible
b. that bearing such a loss would be within the risk parameters of your overall investment portfolio
c. an understanding of the level of risk typically applicable to investments in startups
d. an appreciation of the level of risk generally applicable to emerging businesses and small issuers
e. an understanding the risk of illiquidity
f. your acknowledgement that investing in start-up companies may or may not be appropriate for a given investor
Please Note: the participating crowdfunding platforms will maintain current versions of all educational materials and make revised materials available to all investors prior to accepting any additional investment commitments or effecting further transactions of securities offered through our platform.
This educational material has been prepared in accordance with requirements under SEC Rule 302. No regulatory body has endorsed or approved these educational materials. This educational material is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer, solicitation or endorsement of any specific investment product or financial strategy. Specific investment terms are for illustration purposes only and may not reflect the actual terms of an investment product available for purchase via the Firm’s platform.
This educational material may not contain a complete discussion of investment terms or risks and you should only rely on the information contained in relevant prospectus and/or offering documentation prior to purchasing an investment product. Any investments or strategies referenced herein do not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific person. Suitability of these securities must be independently determined for each individual investor. The Firm explicitly disclaims any responsibility for product suitability.
Any investment security sold prior to maturity may be worth more or less than the original amount invested. Depending upon the specific investment product, investment risks include, but are not limited to, interest rate risk, credit risk, call risk and liquidity risk. Additionally, unless otherwise specified in the respective offering documentation, the product(s) discussed herein are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and are not bank guaranteed. Investors should carefully review and understand the offering documents and consult with their financial and tax advisors prior to investing in any investment product(s). Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Investment securities described herein may not be offered for sale in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful or prohibited by the specific offering documentation.
Interesting Facts about Small Businesses and Startups
• 28 million small businesses in the U.S. account for 54% of all sales.
• A recent study by Deliotte shows that 70% of Millennials want to start a business.
• Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 65% of all net new jobs since 1995.
• Over 50% of the working population (120 million people) works in a small business.
• The 600,000 plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales and provide jobs for some 8 million people.